Monday, January 31, 2011

The Hat Loft at The Cove In Newport Beach

The Hat Loft is a specialty retailer carrying over one hundred styles of hats for every season and occasion founded by Amy Rosten.

How did you get started selling hats? I wanted to start my own business and thought hats might be fun. In the beginning of 2010, a friend offered to have a hat party and the response was great and everyone had a blast trying them on and vamping. I realized the need to try different styles of hats on to find the best fitting and best looking hat for a person. After doing some research, I found there weren't many hat shops in the area so I looked into opening my own.

What brought you to The Cove? Once I found out about The Cove, I couldn't believe what great opportunity it was. Opening a store while 8 other stores are opening along side me has been the best way I could think of to get started. The Cove oozes with energy and creativity and we keep thinking of ways to make it better. The Hat Loft is a good compliment to the other stores in the center.

What kinds of hats can folks find at The Hat Loft? The Hat Loft offers a wide variety of protective sun hats as well as fashion caps for all seasons. I carry many different brands, styles and colors.

Do you have a favorite style? My favorites right now are the wool page boys, but I love a classic wide-brimmed, straw sunhat as well. That said, the best way to utilize my store is to simply start trying hats on and see what looks good, fits well and fits your needs.


Phone - 949-515-7HAT

Email – thehatloft@gmail.com

Web: www.thehatloft.com (coming soon)