TO Media Co. is a public relations firm dedicated to the products and people setting trends and defining style.
Specializing in consumer and lifestyle press for international brands, industry leaders, and start-up entrepreneurs, we provide public relations for retail, toys, recreation, sporting goods, fitness, beauty, home décor, food, fashion and accessories brands.
We would like to personally invite you to be our guest at this year’s OC Look party!
Should you be interested, we can also make members of our OC Look Advisory Board or Orange Coast’s staff available in advance of the announcement of the winners, to provide you with insight into the OC’s hottest style tips and trends for summer and beyond.
Please let us know if you are able to join us this year!
Summer 2010 “STAYCATION” Ideas From the O-MAMA Mamas – Founders & Followers
With summer upon us, all moms are talking about what to do this year with their vacation and many are realizing that this isn’t the year to spend the money on a big trip. Recently, Walmart asked O-Mama.com to share their ideas on “Staycations,” and here’s what they had to say…
FIRST, the Ground Rules: no phone zone; buy themed paper products and get into a staycation state of mind
SECOND, Pick your theme:
Breakfast in Bed
• sleep in; stay in your jammies; watch cartoons; have the kids make you breakfast in bed, relax…
• pitch a tent, roast marshmallows, make s’mores
• send the kids on a bug hunt, make nature bracelets out of inside out masking tape…have them stick all their treasure on it
• create a scavenger hunt or have a family yard project ready to go
• get out the sleeping bags and make it a no electronics zone for the night…watch the stars, make shadow puppets with flashlights, play flashlight tag, giggle and tell stories in the dark
• get out your beach chairs and water weenies, blow up water balloons, set up the slip ‘n slide, baby pool or just turn on the sprinklers
• play Beach Boys music and blow up beach balls to kick around
• play some family volleyball or good old fashioned “keep away”
• make pineapple juice drinks and cut up tropical fruit for fresh fruit kabobs
• roll out some beach mats/towels and eat on the ground luau style…the kids will love it
• wear your favorite wrap or Hawaiian shirt and feel the island attitude take you away
Beach Blanket Bingo
• pack your beach bag and take a short drive to the nearest body of water…river, lake or ocean…skip some stones or take a walk
• fly a kite, splash around or just toss a football
• roast some hotdogs and marshmallows
• watch the sunset
Old Fashioned Backyard Barbeque
• squeeze some lemonade and put some beer on ice; use mason jars
• bbq anything you want…from burgers to bananas…crack open a watermelon for dessert
• set the stage with a red checked table cloth
• play horse shoes and/or croquet
• spin stories, strum a guitar and enjoy the talk around the table
• make margaritas and say fiesta!
• make some homemade guacamole with the kids…have them roll up whatever they want in a tortilla
• stuff a piñata with goodie and have the kids go at it
• paint some pottery or have your own hat dance (turn on the music and have the kids do a silly samba…turn off the music and have them “freeze”)
Nights on Broadway
• get a sitter for the kids
• pack your fancy duds and go into the nearest big city for the night
• see a show (not a movie, but a show in a real theater…Broadway show, off Broadway, local theater, whatever) and go out to a nice dinner
• set up a big screen in the back yard and have the kids grab their sleeping bags and pillows (a plain white sheet on a wall or fence will do the trick, too…if you want to get fancy, you can rent an inflatable screen)
• order pizzas, make some popcorn and open the soda…fun!
• pick a night, pick a game…and have some family fun
• oh yes, your husband and your son will be SO EXCITED…sports all day
• start with sports themed paper products at breakfast, make baseball/football shaped pancakes
• have some family competition…pick your favorite sports and have a tournament…set up brackets and the whole deal
• make jerseys and GO TEAM GO!
THIRD, GO HAVE FUN!!!
O-MAMA also posted this question to its 10,000+ fans on Facebook and here’s what they had to say…
Elizabeth D. - We take the tram to the airport, watch the planes take off and talk about where people are going. Then we take a shuttle to an airport hotel with a pool and free Continental breakfast. $100 for a family vacation, and kids think they are in heaven! After, all the hotel pool IS the vacation!
Racheal M. we live next to a 200 acre chunk of land (untouched!)... and we never have to travel far for some good ol' fashioned camping and hiking! But if your kids are really young, you can do the same thing right in the back yard and they'll love it just as much!
Grace M. One of my fav's is to go camping in the yard. We, me included- or especially me- get prizes for each day we stay out of the house entirely- except of course for the potty. Another is to list all the activities that are near by- pick one each day and do that- It's surprising the number of things that are local that we just don't get to because ...
Windy S. we rented a hotel room....five minutes from home lol, but hey it could have been anywhere. my son had a blast and we tried a new restaurant.
Peggy T. We become members of the local kids science museum every year. Then you can get into kids science museum free pretty much anywhere in the country so we drive to the ones in our area. We are also lucky to live near the beach and DC so we take day trips there.
Noelle N. Like Peggy, we live in the DC/Baltimore area so stay-cations are super easy. We also live close to the Eastern Shore so we are right in the middle of some of the best things! But Windy, that is a rockin' idea! Never thought of that. Thinkin' a nice Annapolis hotel and some fun historical touring may be on the agenda!
Kathy W. We're lucky we live in a city with so many urban lakeside beaches! And check your local library schedule for special events like a petting zoo or kids' pizza party. Ask yourself, what do tourists do, when they come to my town. Do you ever do any of them? Like your city or county history museum or art museum?
Donna J. We take "virtual" field trips. One is starting in a little while for Bryce Canyon (sponsored by the national parks). Here is the virtual field trip link: http://nationalparks.org/npf-at-work/our-programs/electronic-field-trip/
You’ve heard from celebrities, politicians and pundits. Now get a mom’s perspective and some common sense insight on the nation’s hottest topics
This October, 20% of sales of the Vonny Pink Mardi Gras Beads Line Will Go To Support The Susan G Komen Foundation
Los Angeles, CA – Vonny, the tote and accessories company inspired by Southern hospitality and LA style, is now motivated by “Lagnaippe”, Cajun French for “a little something extra” as it adds charitable giving to the company, beginning with its support of the Susan G. Komen Foundation and Breast Cancer Awareness month. Vonny will donate 20% of the Pink Mardi Gras Beads line to the Susan G Komen Foundation the entire month of October.
Dedicated to supporting breast cancer is near and dear to Vonny Faucheux, Vonny designer and founder, as one of her best friends was diagnosed at 30 years old after finding a lump in her breast. “Sometimes, a little something extra is all it takes,” says Vonny. “That little something extra each of us can do can make a big impact in the lives of others. We are thrilled to support the Susan G Komen Foundation and hope that the support we give can provide that little something to keep more women healthy, happy and cancer free.”
Available online at www.vonny.com and boutique stores across the country, the complete Pink Mardi Gras Beads line, which includes pink lining inside each bag, includes:
• Full-of-Pockets (Pink Mardi Gras Beads)$78.00 - This multi-use, over the shoulder tote can be used to carry just about anything. Great as an organized purse (mom’s love it), gym bag, diaper bag, beach tote. The exterior features include 8 large pockets, which are useful for large or small water bottles, sunglasses and lots of other miscellaneous items. Two of the pockets have hidden slit pockets inside for easy to lose items like parking stubs. 4 metal feet on bottom to prevent bag from getting dirty. The interior features include a cell phone pocket, colorful keychain holder and 2 zip pockets. The full of pockets tote has a zip closure, but looks great unzipped, too. Made of 100% cotton canvas. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
• Zip Pouch (Pink Mardi Gras Beads)$16.00 - This simple little pouch can be used as a clutch, great for tossing your phone or camera into, makeup bag or snacks and it’s a great gift idea! Lightweight and easily fits inside the Everything tote and full of pockets tote.Made of 100% cotton canvas. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
• T-Lu Tote (Pink Mardi Gras Beads)$28.00 - This adorable little lunch/snack carrier is fully lined and insulated with a short handle for easy carrying, and compact enough to toss into your everything tote or full of pockets tote. Lots of storage to keep you organized on your lunch break!! Small flat pocket on back for hand wipes, small zip pocket inside for small items like change or packets of ketchup (my favorite). Large slit for an Ice pack and another for utensils. The best part about the t-lu tote is the fun colorful prints. No one will know you are carrying your LUNCH!!
• The Everything Tote (Pink Mardi Gras Beads) - $58.00 - This perfect sized tote bag can be used to carry Everything! Useful as a fun tote bag, great as a school bag or market tote. You will stay organized with this bag by using the 2 large front pockets as well as the inside pockets which include 3 pouches for pens/pencils, cell phone pouch and a very handy small flat pocket for parking stubs… so you never lose them again!!! Fill this tote with groceries and produce from farmer’s market (padded bottom protects your breakables). Works well as a large lunch carrier, computer bag or over-nighter. The over the shoulder straps are very comfortable and the fun bright interior lining makes it easy to find what you are looking for! Made of 100% cotton canvas. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Inspired by the lifestyle-conscious urban dweller and by vintage Southern California style, VONNY exists to make life easier and more pleasurable.
After 16 years together, Vonny and Jerry Fauchex, Louisiana natives, entrepreneurs and lovers of fashion from a young age, found themselves a natural fit as co-founders of an accessories line. Together they fell in love with California, and like many California dreamers, were inspired by the creative, entrepreneurial spirit of SoCal. Life in Los Angeles nurtured their vision and vonny was born with the goal of creating products that embrace lasting design, quality materials and affordable chic.
Vonny products bring Lagnaippe – Cajun French for “a little something extra” – into the lives of their owners. vonny is for a life that is both conscious and picturesque in the face of the challenges of modern, urban existence. Combining life’s most practical considerations - healthy habits, financial well being, environmental sustainability - with a passion for patterns and colors that delight and inspire, the creators of vonny started with a personal understanding of what individuals like themselves and their friends wanted and needed to help navigate the daily routine. vonny bags are designed to accompany their owners anywhere they might travel, from the gym to the market to the beach or around the world, with anything from a healthy lunch to a bottle of wine to a baby in tow. From this sensibility the vonny line was born; sensible, essential products that reflect a love for that little something extra that makes life worth living.
Our favorite scooter, the Slither Drift Scooter from Pulse, was just featured as one of "The Toys of Summer" by San Diego Family Magazine. Be sure to get a copy of the magazine to get a chance to win a Slither.
The clicking of keyboards across Orange County was slightly diminished for a brief time last Wednesday as several of OC’s most prominent Mommy Bloggers were treated to a morning of pampering, taste-testing and good old-fashioned girl talk at the home of Opinionated MAMA founder Michelle Tingler.
Michelle Tingler and Debbie Devine hosted the first O-MAMA Tribute to Mommy Bloggers to bring together many of the women who share their lives, loves, passions and exploits online in celebration of their efforts as well as the recent addition of Opinionated MAMA to the OC Family magazine network of bloggers. Attendees included Sugar Jones of SugarJones.tv, Michelle Whitaker of OC Play Parks, Vintage Mama’s Lydia Poblano, Sondra LaBrie of Happy Healthy Hip Parenting and Priscilla Willis of Top Mom Blog among others.
“O-MAMA supports all moms in the hard work of raising happy, healthy, well-adjusted future citizens,” says founder Michelle Tingler. “And in our opinion, every hard-working mom deserves a little break once in a while!”
Those in attendance were treated to manicures and pedicures by Spa-Go, pilates instruction by Stephanie Hiltzman of Body Design in Newport Beach and delicious mock-tails and kid-friendly cuisine tips from celebrity chef Wade Williams of Picnic LA. All the while, many of the ladies were accompanied by their children who spent their morning doing arts and crafts, bouncing away in the bounce house and getting their faces painted by Faces by Derrick.
Click here to see and download additional event photos: