Monday, September 30, 2013
Lacrosse Playground Features Shock Doctor's Gel Max Convertible Tether Mouthguard and Gel Max Flavor Fusion Mouthguard
Monday, September 23, 2013
Sunday, September 22, 2013
PULSE PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
THE BEACH CRUISER OF SCOOTERS: CALIFORNIA CRUISER
Santa Fe Springs, CA – Pulse Performance Products are grinding the pavement with their newest scooter design for kids. The California Cruiser is the true beach cruiser of scooters. For kids ages five and up, the scooter retails for $39.99 and be purchased at www.pulsescooters.com.
A full size casual kick scooter with oversize wheels for easy riding, the scooter features an integrated folding mechanism and gorgeous graphics, reminiscent of the old fashion Woodie cars made famous at the beach from 1930-1960.
The California Cruiser scooter also features 120mm cast polyurethane wheels and ABEC-5 bearings for a smooth ride all the time. The laid-back beach cruiser scooter comes with Composite Deck Texture (CDT) to provide multiple foot stance positions and increased control, integrated deck brake and ABEC bearings.
“The Southern California lifestyle is on our blood at Pulse Performance Products,” says Kellie Swaim, Marketing Director of Bravo Sports, Pulse Performance Products parent company. “With our headquarters close to the beaches of Southern California, we wanted to make a scooter for kids nationwide that celebrate sunny, summer days.”
· Composite oversize deck provides for multiple foot stance positions for increased control with full in-mold deck graphics
· Integrated deck brake provides quick and easy stopping power
· Cruiser design handlebars
· Quick release clamp
· 120mm cast polyurethane wheels with ABEC-5 bearings
· Ages 5+
· 110 lb maximum weight
Monday, September 16, 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013
CHARLIE & ME OPENS AT THE COVE
Offers Hip and Sophisticated Apparel, Accessories, Home Décor & More for
Orange County’s Fashionable Pet Set
Newport Beach, CA - Charlie & Me, a boutique for the hip dog, has opened at The Cove, a collection of cool boutiques on Mariner’s Mile on Pacific Coast Highway. The shop focuses on modern and sophisticated dog products, many of which are from around the world, including Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, with exclusive items made in the U.S.
First time shop owner and young entrepreneur, Taylor Beauchamp, a 26-year old Newport Beach native, was inspired by her French Bulldog Charlotte, whose nick name is “Charlie”. With the goal of offering Orange County’s discerning dog owners something unique and special, Taylor has searched for products and companies that aren’t in traditional big pet retailers or seen in other Orange County stores.
Charlie & Me boasts over 20 lines including the following collections: the Kenyan Collection by JMS Ventures, hand-beaded collars and leashes made by the Maasai tribe in Africa; Bellomania, which offers sporty yet luxurious leashes, collars and leads made from like ostrich leather, snakeskin and alligator; and Malucchi, high end dog collars and leads made in Italy made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones.
The store also offers a small collection of home décor items, including: a show stopping leather dog bed and modern console designed exclusively for Charlie & Me; Doca Pet, luxurious and modern dog feeders; and Fatboy, which offers outdoor water proof, dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through.
Taylor has also created her own private label Charlie & Me line, including two styles of dog carriers and key chains, and is currently creating dog apparel. The sophisticated dog carriers, which are available in a variety of different colored lamb skins and faux alligator, feature two styles, one specifically designed for the traveling dog owner and the other being much more light weight and purse like, meant for everyday use.
“Having grown up in Orange County as a dog lover, I’m thrilled to now own a store in the area that caters to dogs and dog owners,” says Taylor Beauchamp. “I love bringing a sophisticated new outlook to the world of dog fashion and can't wait to create more products for the Charlie & Me line. I hope to be the boutique people walk into because they know they will find something extraordinary and special for their favorite dog."
ABOUT CHARLIE & ME: Charlie & Me is located at The Cove (410 West Coast Highway, Suite C, Newport Beach, CA 92663.) The boutique, which is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., can be reached by calling 949.572.5258. An online retail shop will open soon at www.charlieandme.us, and connect with Charlie & Me athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-Me/560685833963795 and on Instagram at charlieandmeus.
With a collection of high-end, hip products for the modern dog owner, Charlie & Me offers the following dog products and lines:
· Allure Pet Products (Hugglehounds): Durable and fun dog toys built to last through the roughest play. Designed with attention to detail and durability, Hugglehounds dog toys also are made to be extra entertaining for your animal.
· Bellomania: Leashes, collars, harnesses and leads. Sporty yet luxurious, these products give a very good performance when it comes to the everyday walks with your dog and offer classy and clean appearance with leathers like ostrich, snakeskin alligator etc. The gorgeous porcelain dog bowls are painted with several different detailed designs.
· Charlie & Me: Fashionable dog carriers
· Chilly Dog: These trendy knit sweaters are made of 100% wool. They are meant to be fashionable as well as keep your dog warm.
· Doca Pet: Luxurious & modern dog feeders
· Dog Diggin Designs: Funky and fun dog toys with a squeaker
· Dogs Department: From the Netherlands, these classic collars and leads are designed to be functional and also fashionable. Made with the highest quality materials.
· Fatboy: Outdoor dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through or damage the bed in any way. These beds repel moisture and are machine washable. Comes in many colors.
· Gainey: A simple yet classy single dog bowl. Comes in blue, orange and red.
· Harry Barker: Toys, beds, food storage, bowls, harnesses, leashes, dog health/beauty. The beds (most popular) offer vintage style dog beds made of hemp fabric. They provide comfort for your dog and tastefully designed to look great in your home. These beds come in many shapes and colors and are machine washable. Harry Barker’s food storage containers store your dog’s food and keep it fresh for a long period of time. Made of sturdy, recycled steel, the containers look beautiful in any home. Includes an aluminum scoop and is FDA approved.
· Hartman & Rose: Sophisticated collars and leads from Canada
· Jax & Bones: Animal shape dog toys made of woven rope
· JMS Ventures (Kenyan Collection): These collars and leads are beaded by the Maasai tribe in Africa. By meeting with their designer weekly to receive materials, the artisans can earn a living while maintaining their rural and more traditional lifestyle. Averaging one collar per day, the mamas create these original, one-of-a-kind designs. Beads are hand sewn in leather, then an overlay of leather is glued and stitched on the back. Buckles are solid, hand-cast brass. Available in a variety of colors, and in three widths: 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch. Collar lengths are from 8 to 24 inches. Lurcher collars are available in 2 inch width and in even lengths from 12 to 20 inches. Leads are 42" long. Leads are not recommend for dogs that pull or for dogs over 50 pounds.
· Kade Kimber: High end dog apparel that is simple, classy, and fun
· Luxemutt: Handcrafted leather collars and leads in bowtie and flower shapes
· Pink Polka Dot: This apparel line is fun and funky, with its wildly imaginative designs. The fun hoodies, t-shirts and bandanas designed by Miyuki Takesako are anything but ordinary.
· Poochi & Tou Tou: Trendy and fashion-forward pet apparel and accessories, the clothes from Poochi & Tou Tou are great quality and pleasing.
· Malucchi: The dog collars and leads made in Italy by designer Malucchi are as tasteful and high end as they come. Made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones, there are many different styles to appeal to wide range of tastes.
COMING SOON TO Charlie & Me
· Romy & Jacob
· Felli Pet
· One Ear Dog
MEDIA CONTACT: TO MEDIA CO. 949-722-8488
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Eddie Guardado Foundation and ACT! Today to Host Inaugural OC Suitcase Soirée With 100% of Proceeds to Benefit Children with Autism
LEAVING ON A JET PLANE
Eddie Guardado Foundation and ACT! Today to Host Inaugural OC Suitcase Soirée
100% of Proceeds to Benefit Children with Autism
Newport Beach, CA – Get ready to jet away for the weekend! The Eddie Guardado Foundation is encouraging guests to arrive with their bags packed to the inaugural OC Suitcase Soiree, which will benefit children with autism.
Winners of the opportunity drawings will leave John Wayne Airport for one of the three vacations that depart directly from the party, which will be held near the runway at the Lyon Air Museum (19300 Ike Jones Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92707) on Friday, September 20, 2013, 7 to 11 p.m.
100% of event net proceeds will benefit the Eddie Guardado Foundation, which supports the direct service program of ACT Today! (Autism Care and Treatment Today!). ACT Today! is a national non-profit providing care and treatment to children with autism and support and assistance to families. The Foundation provides iPads, used by children with autism to help communicate, and helps pay for various therapies, safety devices, and provide other support services. Lisa and Eddie Guardado have been able to help nearly 300 families since the Foundation’s inception in 2008.
With the guests expected to arrive in dressy casual attire, party-goers will check their luggage at the door so that a customized luggage tag can be engraved while they attend the party. Ultimat Vodka will have “Flight Attendants” and “Captains” serving drinks from drink carts like the ones used on commercial airplanes and stationary bars, while guests will dine at food stations from OC's finest restaurants and caterers including: Bluewater Grill, Maggiano’s, Newport Rib Company, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Pacific Club Catering, Sensitive Sweets, Sweet Creations by Judy, The Winery, and Zov’s Bistro. Entertained by live music, party-goers will also be able to participate in silent and live auctions, and enjoy specialty drinks provided by Ultimat Vodka.
Lisa and Eddie Guardado, former MLB relief pitcher who was just inducted into the Minnesota Twins Hall of Fame this June, will be co-hosting the event with Katie and Ryan Dunlop. The event committee includes: Jo Ashline, William Cernius, Trish Coury, Laura Marroquin, Jennifer and J Ocana, Debbie Redmond, and Michelle Volner.
“When our daughter, Ava, was diagnosed with autism, we realized first-hand the emotion and financial hardships that come with raising a child with autism,” says Lisa Guardado. “Eddie and I felt that it was really important for us to help other Orange County families that are impacted with autism.”
Silver Sponsors of the event include: Western National Group. Bronze Sponsors are Sandra and David Stone and Family. In-kind Sponsors include: Reaction Audio Visual, West Coast Air, Ultimat Vodka, Anaheim Helicopters, Matebele Limo.
Take Me Away Opportunity Drawing Trips:
- First Prize: Private plane to Las Vegas for a fun filled weekend, returning Sunday! Includes 2 nights in a suite at the Aria Hotel, limo service to and from the airport. Dinner for two at Javiers and two tickets to Cirque Du Soleil’s Zarkana.
- Second Prize: Private Helicopter to Santa Barbara for a relaxing weekend getaway. Returning Sunday! Trip includes 2 nights at the Bacara in a luxurious room with a fireplace, wine tasting experience and complimentary breakfast.
- Third Prize: Limo to Los Angeles for a quick getaway, returning Sunday! Includes 2 night stay in a Deluxe Room at Beverly Hills Hotel. Dinner Saturday night and breakfast each day.
Live Auction Highlights:
- A private plane to beautiful Napa Valley for a weekend of wine tasting. Includes 2 nights at the Meritage Resort, a balloon ride for two, upgraded tasting for two at the Trinitas Cellars and more!
- VIP backstage at The Today Show, with a Tour of studio and meet and greet with Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker – Can be for 4 to 5 people. You may use this package in conjunction with the Today Show’s Summer Concert Series.
- Dinner for you and 3 friends with Gretchen and Slade from OC Housewives and show creator Scott Dunlop at Hanna’s Restaurant.
- Certified Admiral’s Cup Corum Men’s Watch with 18K Rose Gold Titanium Case, 18K Rose Gold and Titanium Bracelet.
Tickets are: $250 per person, includes 1 opportunity drawing ticket; $150 per person, incudes entry to the party; $100 per additional opportunity drawing – can only be used with entry ticket; For more information or for tickets: www.ocsuitcasesoiree.org or 714-442-3535
ABOUT AUTISM IN ORANGE COUNTY & AN EDDIE GUARDADO FOUNDATION SUCCESS STORY:
About 1 in 88 children in America have been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and Orange County in particular has an unusually high prevalence of autism diagnoses, including statistics from 2011 that show we have the highest autism rate in California. Further, recent numbers show that more than 8,600 children in Orange County are being served by Special Education departments in public schools.
No one other than families dealing with the diagnosis knows how difficult and financially draining it can be to raise a child with autism. Irvine resident Linda Bertch can attest to the challenge – she is a mom to four children, including 14-year-old Andrew who has been diagnosed with autism. To complicate matters and add to the financial stress, Linda suddenly lost her husband last year.
The Bertch family was given a grant by the Eddie Guardado Foundation and Andrew subsequently received an iPad that worked “miracles” according to Linda, “He’s doing amazing things I never thought he could.” Andrew works with the iPad on speech therapy, which has allowed for greater communication as he is forming short sentences for the first time in his life. He also uses it with ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) therapy, is able to play games with his siblings that he never could before, and the family has a schedule on the iPad which has helped decrease Andrew’s frustration and aggression.
ABOUT THE EDDIE GUARDADO FOUNDATION:
Major League All-Star Pitcher, Eddie Guardado and his wife Lisa established The Eddie Guardado Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) in 2008 after their youngest child, Ava, was diagnosed with autism. Lisa and Eddie understand the emotional and financial hardships families impacted with autism experience and founded the Eddie Guardado Foundation to help other families receive access to therapy and treatments that they could not otherwise afford.
In January 2011, The Eddie Guardado Foundation joined forces with ACT Today! (Autism Care and Treatment Today!), as both non-profits share the mission of providing awareness of and access to effective therapies for children with autism. Since their partnership began, the Eddie Guardado Foundation has enabled ACT Today! to provide an additional 100 grants to help children with autism achieve their highest potential. The organizations continue to collaborate together with Eddie and Lisa serving on the ACT Today! board. www.eddieguardadofoundation.org
MEDIA CONTACT: TO MEDIA CO. 949-722-8488