Friday, March 22, 2013
Mother of Three Makes “Baby Book Guilt” a Thing of The Past
By Creating An Easy-To-Use Online Baby Book With
Email Reminders Specific to Each Baby
Move over mass-produced photo books, a mom is taking charge and changing how parents record and share their baby’s story.
In 2006, Kristin Coons, a mom of three boys and a former financial industry executive, traded her stable career and income to become an entrepreneur. After giving birth to her third child, she was looking for an online baby book to record the special moments in her boys lives. When she couldn't find a book that fit her needs, she decided to create one. In 2011, she founded MyOwnLittleStory.com: a unique online baby book with e-mail reminders specific to the baby’s current age and milestone, which can be printed at the one-year or two-year mark. Busy moms across the nation are loving the idea –joining the site at a rate of 50-100 new users a week.
Starting a company while raising three boys was not an easy task. But, using the courage and tenacity that she so often writes about on her blog: The Inspired Mom, Kristin decided to take a leap of faith and follow her dreams. Without any previous experience in web-based business or knowledge of the book industry, Kristin started from scratch researching everything she needed to know about creating and publishing books online. Even though it took almost five years to bring her vision to life, she launched www.MyOwnLittleStory.com in 2011. Her first challenge was letting parents know that her site existed, however once she earned a few enthusiastic endorsements, MyOwnLittleStory.com began growing quickly with the user base increasing from 2,000 users in year one to almost 10,000 users in year two. The site currently gets over 5,000 visits a month- which includes returning users and new users.
Kristin specifically remembers reading a statistic that most people can only remember about 12 stories from their childhood: "I was shocked! My family bonds over retelling stories." To think that her kids would only remember a few stories from their childhood and that she might also forget the details of their special moments motivated and inspired her to take action.
With MyOwnLittleStory.com, it doesn't matter if parents are at home, using a smart phone or at the office, by just answering a few questions a month, parents can jot down thoughts by responding to an e-mail reminder about their baby’s highlights and have their baby book done by their child’s first birthday. MyOwnLittleStory.com is easy to use and has more flexibility than a traditional baby book: each question is optional, any unanswered questions will be omitted from published pages and users can skip pages/milestones as well.
To learn more about MyOwnLittleStory.com, read about it here.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
VOLCOM AND NEWPORT HARBOR HIGH SURF TEAM TO HOST
14TH ANNUAL NHHS NEWPORT SURF CLASSIC
Surf Contest Benefitting Newport Harbor High School Surf Team To Be Held on
April 6 and 7th at 54th Street, Newport Beach
In conjunction with Volcom, Newport Harbor High School Surf Team will host the 14th Annual NHHS Newport Surf Classic, a surf team fundraiser, at 54th Street, Newport Beach. With heats starting early in the morning, the all-day event will be held on Saturday, April 6th, with additional heats and finals on Sunday, April 7th.
A longstanding community event to nurture young surfers, as well as provide a competitive stage for advanced surfers, the NHHS Newport Surf Classic offers an opportunity for local Orange County kids to compete and get experience. Over 150 participants are expected.
“Our goal for the Newport Surf Classic is to get kids of all ages excited about getting in the water and surfing,” says Matt Burns, Newport Harbor High School Surf Coach.
· $30 Pre-Registration; pre-register at Surfside by Thursday April 4th, 2013 (Surfside: 233 E. 17th Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92627; www.Surfsidesports.com; 949.645.4624)
· $35 Day of Beach Entries
· Each additional division $20
Participants will get a T-shirt designed by Volcom, a raffle ticket and lunch.
· Junior High
· High School
As the event gets closer, check the NNHS Surf Facebook Page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/NHHS-Surf-Team/166460486717338, for heat times, photos, results and more information. Division winners will be given a trophy.
On Saturday, there will be a silent auction with items including surfboards, skateboards, sunglasses, and more; as well as opportunity drawings, including surf wear and gift certificates to local eateries, in addition to other items. Registration proceeds from the surf contest benefit the NHHS Surf Team. Sponsors of the event are: Volcom, Surfside, Arnette, Vestal, OAM (On A Mission), and Clearview Investment Partners.
The 2012-2013 NHHS Team has about 37 members, including boys short board and longboard, girls short board and longboard and body boarders. www.NHHSSurf.com
FOR THE MODERN PET LOVER
Animal Blueprint Company’s Collection Now Includes More Than 200 Dog Breeds
+ Cats and Horses, New Drawings Series and New Larger Size
San Juan Capistrano, CA– Famous for a modern take on mid-century inspired architectural animal renderings, Animal Blueprint Company announces the expansion of the collection to include more than 200 breeds of dogs, as well as cats and horses.
The art retails for $110 (matte only; standard 13”x19”; with matte 18” X 24”); $185 (framed; standard 13” x 19”; framed 19” x 25”) and new large size: $265 (framed; large 17” x 25”; framed, 22” x 30”). All prints are available on www.animalblueprintcompany.com. Prints are also available on Uncommon Goods and select retailers nationwide.
The company is also proud to announce the new “Drawings” Series created in the Animal Blueprint Company style of original architectural renderings, they are printed on acid free archival paper with an aged finish. The Drawing Series is inspired by the look of vintage drawings that have been discovered after being stored away for decades.
Each Animal Blueprint Company portrait features a detailed drawing of the breed created in the original 1950’s style, complete with design notes calling out what makes that particular breed special. The artworks feature a distressed finish to give the look and feel of working blueprints used by architects, engineers and construction supervisors in mid-20th century. The classic renderings are at home in any décor and are ideal for giving as a special gift or keeping as a personal showpiece at home as a single or a set.
“It has been very exciting to watch Animal Blueprint Company continue to grow, The large selection of breeds is a direct result of customer request.” says artist and founder Robert Redding. “Animal Blueprint Company portraits strike the perfect balance between structured architectural drawing and the warmth of man’s best friend.”
About Animal Blueprint Company
Animal Blueprint Company, located in San Juan Capistrano, California, was created in 2010 by Robert Redding, an architect and a graphic designer with a passion for animals, art and architecture. The animal renderings feature a variety of animals including, dogs, cats and horses drawn in the original format of blueprints and sketches used by design and construction professionals in the 1950’s. For more on the Animal Blueprint Company, visit www.animalblueprintcompany.com. Made in the USA.
# # #
Note: Animal Blueprint Company is a registered trademark. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Animal Blueprint Company disclaims any and all rights in these trademarks.
The New Collection Includes: Electric Scooters, Traditional Scooters,
Scooters That Drift + New Decks
Pulse Performance Products, a recreational company with headquarters in Southern California, is proud to introduce a new line of scooters, as well as a new corporate look and logo. Dedicated to bringing the highest quality performance products, the company continues to introduce innovative scooters for those wanting to test the limits, create new tricks and ride in style. www.pulsescooters.com
· Sold at Academy; $59.99
· The Pulse Freestyle Spike scooter features freestyle grade reinforced aluminum one piece deck, one piece gusseted CroMo handlebar and oversized steer tube, a super strong four bolt steer tube clamp. The scooter has reinforced 2.0mm hi-tensile steel fork with freestyle grade head set. The PU cast 85a 100mm x 24mm wheels come with abec-5 bearings. The Kraton grips have replaceable end plugs as well. For ages 6+.
· Sold at Walmart; $99.99
· Bravo Sports Pulse Scooter, Flow Green has a 24-volt rechargeable battery system, and comes with a UL-rated charger included. The Bravo Pulse Electric Scooter, Lightning has a chain drive system that provides instant and smooth power. The composite, oversized deck of this Pulse Charger Electric Scooter allows for multiple foot stances and increased control. The Bravo Pulse Electric Scooter, Lightning has a single charge run time of up to 45 minutes, and a maximum speed up to 10 mph. The Bravo Sports Pulse Scooter, Flow Green has 140mm cast polyurethane wheels, twist grip throttle control and holds kids up to 120 lbs. Assembly required.
· Sold at Kmart; $39.99
· The Pulse Viper, for ages 5+ and 140 lbs max weight, features BMX style grips, heat treated aluminum deck and 100mm hi-impact hub urethane wheels.
· Sold at Academy; $59.99
· A whole new level fun. Drift around corners, slide side to side, propel yourself without kicking, tear in and out of turns. It is the update to the ordinary scooter. Even though some younger kids can rider this scooter, this is perfect for kids 8 years and up who want to try out some new tricks thanks to the rear swivel truck. The Slither also features oversized front wheels, an anti-slip deck, high performance grips, and quick release for easy folding.
ABOUT BRAVO SPORTS
Bravo Sports, headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California is a global leader in the recreational and sporting goods markets. With offices, factories and warehouses in the United States, Italy, Thailand and China, the Company’s operations truly span the globe. Since 1965, Bravo has provided the highest quality and most innovative products to sports and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide. With a stable of market-leading brands including Pulse Performance Products™, Darkstar ™, Tony Hawk™, Birdhouse™, Blind™, Kryptonics™, XGames™, Blacktop 360™, Quik Shade™, Moto Shade™, Airzone™, Hyper™ and Variflex™ to go along with industry leading licenses with outstanding partners like Nickelodeon, Mattel, Lucasfilm, Disney/Pixar, and Cartoon Network, Bravo consistently seeks to exceed the expectations of its consumers and customers alike. At Bravo, the goal is simple – to create simply the best products for the best value in the world. www.bravosportscorp.com
Monday, March 18, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
NEW Create An Online Baby Book On MyOwnLittleStory.com + Share The Latest Baby News With Facebook Friends at The Same Time
SHARING YOUR BABY’S STORY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY JUST GOT EASIER
MyOwnLittleStory.com Users Can Now Share Pages From Their Baby Book on
Facebook To Update Family and Friends On Their Baby’s Latest Milestone
MyOwnLittleStory.com Users Can Now Share Pages From Their Baby Book on
Facebook To Update Family and Friends On Their Baby’s Latest Milestone
Making parenthood a bit more social, MyOwnLittleStory.com, the only online baby book with e-mail reminders specific to the baby's current age and milestone, just unveiled a new way to share baby news with friends and family. Parents can now distribute the latest pages from their baby book on Facebook, making it easier than ever for parents to create a hassle-free baby book and keep their loved ones updated all at once.
It doesn’t matter if parents are at home, using a smart phone or at the office, by just answering a few questions a month, moms and dads can jot down thoughts as easy as responding to an e-mail and have their baby book done by their child’s first birthday, while updating their friends and family throughout the year at the same time.
To share baby book pages on Facebook, MyOwnLittleStory.com users:
1. Click on “Table of Contents” for your story
2. Choose a published milestone
3. Click the Facebook share button on the top right corner and then you are done!
“Busy parents now only have to type the latest cute moment or achievement in their baby’s life once. From there, they can create their baby book and share the moment with friends and family at the same time,” says Kristin Coons, creator and founder of MyOwnLittleStory.com. “It is a serious time-saver and a way to feel proud of yourself as a parent for being so organized.”
ABOUT MY OWN LITTLE STORY.COM - THE ONLY ONLINE BABY BOOK WITH FREE E-MAIL REMINDERS SPECIFIC TO BABY’S MILESTONES
Custom Options Perfect For Traditional and Non-Traditional Families With Unique Stories
Create Free Online, Print Anytime
Baby’s first smile… First blow of a kiss… Favorite toys, songs and foods… every new parents fears forgetting these endearing details. MyOwnLittleStory.com, the only online baby book with email reminders specific to the baby's stages and current milestones, was created to help parents remember and record the details of their child's life while the memories are still fresh. The company’s exclusive Milestone Memory System is a free service that tracks the child’s age and reminds the parent, via email, to record the special stories of their baby’s life.
MyOwnLittleStory.com was created by Kristin Coons, mother of three young boys. After her third son was born in 2006, she came up with the idea for MyOwnLittleStory.com from her own desire to write down the details of her kids’ lives while they were still little and it was still fresh in her mind. Kristin spent a couple of years fine-tuning her vision and three years working with a programmer to create the site. MyOwnLittleStory.com launched in 2011. The site currently has about 10,000 users and is growing daily. Kristin is also the author of a blog: TheInspiredMom.com, which features the stories of other moms who are following their dreams as well as inspiration from what she has learned on her journey of following her own dreams.
HOW IT WORKS: The four-step process makes online baby booking as simple as responding to an email.
· Register – With registration, MyOwnLittleStory.com is free to users for up to two years. After two years, users are asked to print their storybook, purchase a CD or pay a
nominal storage fee: $15 for 6-months and $24 for a year. Those who are "viewing" stories or "shopping" will continue to have free accounts to view stories or shop.
· Remind – Baby’s birth date is recorded during registration allowing MyOwnLittleStory.com to send an email twice a month with a brief narrative of their baby’s current milestone to prompt them to write down details.
· Record – Each reminder e-mail has a link to directly to the baby's current milestone. Click the link and start recording the stories to treasure for a lifetime. Also, easily upload 1-4 photos to accompany the story on that page. Or, click the snooze button and get another reminder in a week.
· Reminisce – MyOwnLittleStory.com offers a professionally printed book that is bound in a linen embossed hardcover made exclusively for its members (8.5” high x11” wide; front cover has a 4" x 3" window to display an image), which they suggest be printed on each birthday to mark the year. Starting at $38.99 (28 pages), pricing is based on the number of pages in your story: $48.99 (40 Pages); $58.99 (52 pages), $68.99 (64 pages), $78.99 (72 pages). Stories are also available on CD for $30.
WHAT MAKES MY OWN LITTLE STORY.COM UNIQUE:
· Whether the family and birth story is traditional or not, MyOwnLittleStory.com offers the ability to customize pages or skip a question, allowing parents to include only the information that is representative of their child and family situation in the book.
· The Milestone Memory Service emails make it easy for busy parents to record the details of their baby's life from home, office or iPhone and also allows parents to share their child’s latest milestone with family and friends. Click the link, answer a few questions a couple of times a month and over the course of a year, the child’s story is captured and the book is done.
· If parents are too busy or if baby hasn't quite reached a particular milestone, parents can click the snooze button to be reminded again in a week. The site even offers suggestions to help parents who might encounter some "writer's block" when jotting down a story (see samples below). Topics include, but are not limited to:
o Pregnancy: All about your mom and dad, first trimester, second trimester, baby shower, third trimester, preparation
o Year One: Baby’s arrival, first smile, first laugh, favorite foods, favorite games, rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, first words
o Year Two: Talking, toddling, eating, dancing, singing, imitating, dress up, art work
- · MyOwnLittleStory.com also offers gift certificates that come packaged in a keepsake envelope with free items including stationery and labeled vellum envelopes for storing all of those special mementos, such as a lock of hair, the hospital bracelet and more.
· To put the finishing touch on every page, MyOwnLittleStory.com features watercolor illustrations from Los Angeles-based artist, Devon Galusha, who created the original images exclusively for MyOwnLittleStory.com. The covers are available in Pink, Blue and Green with the idea that simplicity is the best approach to creating a keepsake that will last a lifetime.