ORANGE COAST ANNOUNCES 2009 OC LOOK WINNERS
Fashion Must-Have from the OC LOOK Honorees
The 2009 OC LOOK winners are:
1. Kim Vo - Celebrity hairstylist with salons in Beverly Hills, Las Vegas and The Montage Resort, often seen on E!, and a judge on Bravo’s reality show “Shear Genius”.
2. Zeke Kalil – Recording Artist.
3. Glenn & Mindy Stearns - Both were featured on the TBS reality show, "The Real Gilligan's Island" and Glenn is the owner of the Stearns Corporation, the group of companies responsible for over 80,000 transactions and $1.5 billion in real estate sales in 2003.
4. Barclay Butera – An world-class interior designer with signature showrooms in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Park City, and New York.
5. Dr. Arvin Taneja – A plastic surgeon.
6. Amita Singh – The GM of the Christian Louboutin store in South Coast Plaza.
7. Jennifer Condas – Co-founder of the Dream Guild, which raises money for JDRF.
8. Elyse Roberts - Co-founder of the Dream Guild, which raises money for JDRF.
9. Nichole Carroll – The designer and owner of Tyler Rose Swimwear. Her line was just featured in Sports Illustrated.
10. Traci Arnsten – Co-owner of Voluspa Candles based in Lake Forest.
11. Rib Hillis - Actor; home designer; model – joined ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in 2007.
12. Monika Steinberg – Co-owner of Movano Spa in Laguna Beach.
13. Scott Graham - Owner of XPACS Concierge Services.
14. Heidi Cortese – Philanthropist.
15. Casey Cochrane – CEO/Founder of the Green Guide Network.
An evening full of fashion, beauty and beats, attendees were treated to beauty bars, signature cocktails courtesy of Ste-Germain, activities, as well as the amazing culinary talents of Il Fornaio Catering all set to a hot soundtrack from DJ Andrew Nguyen. Models strutted in the latest designers gowns from Oday Sahkur while the men browsed in the Tommy Bahama boutique. Guests were styled up with MAC Cosmetics one-on-one consultations and had their up do’s upgraded by Perla Salon before stepping in the eMotion portrait studio for their close-up with photographer David Capron.
In addition to all the primping and posing being done on the second and third floors of the spacious Pelican Crest estate which housed the more than 600 guests in attendance, partygoers also escaped downstairs to the RockBand Lounge where they entertained their entourages and enjoyed the beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean poolside.
Other VIP guests included recording artist Annabella Lwin (Bow Wow Wow, I Want Some Candy), Lynne Curtin (“Real Housewives of Orange County”) and her husband Frank, and Elena Grinenko (ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”).
INSIDER STYLE SECRETS FROM THE 2009 OC LOOK HONOREES:
As members of the 2009 OC Look list, our honorees know a thing about style. Here are a few of their must-haves for any wardrobe:
- A good lightweight cashmere sweater, cowboy boots, and right now I like Monarchy Jeans. (Barclay Butera)
- Short board shorts, Rainbows, and tank tops. (Zeke Kalil- Singer/Songwriter/Actor)
Bright color is back, thin fashionable scarves, and skinny jeans still rule. (Kim Vo - Celebrity Stylist and Salon Mogul)
- Sunglasses, a large handbag, comfortable yet sexy shoes, my sparkly Haviana flip flops in every color, and a smile; it goes with everything. (Mindy Sterns)
- White tees or tanks, fitted cardigans or jackets, jeans, a beautiful evening dress and comfy sweats (Jennifer Condas - Wife & Mother, Volunteer)
- A nude-colored bathing suit, cut-off denim, and an ikat-print tunic. (Monika Steinberg -Humanitarian)
- Summer: great fitting board shorts, sunglasses and sunscreen…I will wear these every day. (Rib Hilis -Actor, model, father and designer on ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”)
- Jimmy Choo Glenyis sandals in gold, Elizabeth and James Boyfriend button down shirts, and A Voluspa Panjore Lychee candle. (Traci Arntsen Co-Owner / Creative Director of Voluspa)
- Trusty Rainbows and then my skinny corduroy brown pants and these vintage, light flannels I keep finding. (Casey Cochran - CEO/Founder Green Guide Network)
- New gray cardigan, white blouse, and a vintage jewelry. (Elyse Roberts)
- The large Tiffany diamond encrusted key pendant on a "diamond-by-the-yard" chain...of course! 2. The Limited Edition Kate Spade "Flower Garden Quinn" handbag! Love the jewels! 3. Any party shoes by Rene Caovilla...artwork for the feet! (Heidi Cortese – Sherman (CEO/Chairman RCC, Inc. Developer of Leisure World & Host of Healthy-OC on Real Orange KOCE TV!)
- Bright colors (Arvin Taneja MD – Plastic Surgeon)
- My Vintage Levis denim jacket that I dress it up or down, a great pair sandals that you can take from day to evening, my G-ma Rita's turquoise and silver cuff, Aunt Rodelle's Vintage Gucci purse, and of course Tyler Rose Swimwear! (Nichole Carroll - Designer of Tyler Rose Swimwear/Fashion Stylist)