Thursday, December 22, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION HONORS GENERAL WILLIAM LYON FOR HIS 20 YEAR COMMITMENT TO PROJECT PLAYHOUSE AND GROSSES $511,500 FOR HOMEAID OC
Since its debut two decades ago, Project Playhoue has captivated millions of visitors, raised a total of $6.3 million and enlisted more than 10,000 volunteers. The result — 48 housing developments and 1,050 beds, providing 4.2 million bed nights over the last 22 years and 386,535 bed nights in 2010 serving victims of domestic violence, abused children and homeless families.
450 guests arrived to bid on this year’s playhouses from Project Playhouse®, the signature annual fundraiser benefitting HomeAid OC. The 2011 collection of fantasy playhouses, which had been open to the public to tour for over a month at the Irvine Spectrum Center, were built and donated by generous home builders, Nicholson Companies, Shea Homes, and William Lyon Homes.
“It’s has been amazing to see how the Orange County community has come together for the last 20 years to inspire hope and build homes that can change the lives for the homeless ” said John Racunas, standing with his Project Playhouse Committee Co-Chair, Brandi Uehli.
The Over the Rainbow Cottage playhouse team thanked the room as they accepted the People's Choice award, which was voted favorite by the public. Guests also enjoyed the spirited live auction, fine dining, and silent auction, as well as danced until midnight to Super Diamond, the ever-popular Neil Diamond cover band. The winner was also announced for HomeAid’s Extreme Kitchen Makeover’s opportunity drawing, valued at $33,000, which includes KitchenAid Stainless Steel Appliances donated by Ferguson Bath, Kitchen and Lighting Gallery, Custom Cabinetry by Hartmark Cabinet Design and Manufacturing and Countertops by Famosa Tile and installation by Epic Stone.
This year’s top sponsors, include: Hayes Martin Associates, Bank of America, PCV Murcor, The Russ and Kathy Van Cleve Foundation, Province Group, Lyon Communities, Jackson DeMarco Tidus & Peckenpaugh, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Hampton Products International, imortgage, Lifescapes International, Surterrre Properties and Darren Lang Family Foundation.
Live auction items were a highlight of the evening and included donations from the Anaheim Ducks, Black, Starr & Frost, Corum, and Ferrari/Masterai of Newport Beach, Pelican Hill and Sunseeker Yacht Group.
ABOUT HOMEAID OC
HomeAid Orange County is a non-profit organization founded in 1989 by the Orange County Chapter of the Building Industry Association of Southern California, with a mission to build and maintain dignified housing where homeless men, women and children can rebuild their lives.
Since 1989, HomeAid OC has raised millions of dollars and created partnerships between residential builders and county service providers to achieve a common goal. The total project value of HomeAid OC is an estimated $57,643,176 and three new developments are currently in progress with an estimated value of $9,020,260. The mission continues and HomeAid remains committed to changing lives and inspiring hope in those who need it most. For more information, please visit http://www.homeaidoc.org/ or http://www.projectplayhouse.org/.
B. Candy, Milk and Honey Baby and Smocking Birds at The OC Mart Mix were just featured in Coast Magazine
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Bravo Sports to Manufacture All Mass Market Products for Skate Industry Icon
Santa Fe Springs, CA -- Bravo Sports Corporation, a global leader in the outdoor recreation and sporting goods markets, is proud to announce a partnership with skate industry icon Blind Skateboards to distribute mass market skateboards under the Blind banner. These Blind decks are identical to the models sold in the core market and are even produced in their own factory, but will be made available to a broader audience through Bravo Sports established distribution channels.
Unlike any other brand in the mass sporting goods market, all components in the Blind/Bravo Sports line will reflect the look and feel of the Blind core market skateboards with the exact same branding at incredible entry and top-level price points.. They will feature the iconic Blind Reaper illustrations by Marc Mckee, the original Blind Reaper artist that has been driving Blind’s core image for over two decades.
“Blind is one of the best known core brands in the skate industry,” says David Melendez, Senior VP of Licensed Goods for Bravo Sports. “We are proud to work with them to expand their presence in the market by offering top quality decks featuring exclusive Blind graphics to a mass market audience.”
• 28” Blind Reaper Deck, $49.99 exclusive to Sports Authority, ages 8 years and up. This is a great entry level skateboard for a beginner rider; Available in Saber (yellow) or Chalkline Metallic (silver)
Bravo Sports has successfully developed and marketed products for such global brands as Mattel, Disney and Nickelodeon since 1999. Their current catalog includes hundreds of products for dozens of brands with plans to continue to grow this list and roll out new product offerings continually.
21 years ago, Mark Gonzales and Steve Rocco took on skateboarding’s big three companies by starting a small maverick company by the name of Blind Skateboards. They set out to make Blind the exact opposite of Mark’s former sponsor, Vision Skateboards, in every way. Powered by an incredible team, the art talent of Mark Gonzales and Marc McKee, and constant controversy, Blind was an instant success with core skateboarders worldwide. Blind is known for having one of the wildest, diverse and most talented professional skate teams of all time and has also earned numerous first place titles in skateboarding’s core and mainstream events.
ABOUT BRAVO SPORTS
Bravo Sports, headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California is a global leader in the recreational and sporting goods markets. With offices, factories and warehouses in the United States, Italy, Thailand and China, the Company’s operations truly span the globe. Since 1965, Bravo has provided the highest quality and most innovative products to sports and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide. With a stable of market-leading brands including Pulse™, Darkstar ™, Tony Hawk™, Birdhouse™, Blind™, Kryptonics™, XGames™, Blacktop 360™, Quik Shade™, Moto Shade™, Airzone™, Hyper™ and Variflex™ to go along with industry leading licenses with outstanding partners like Nickelodeon, Mattel, Lucasfilm, Disney/Pixar, and Cartoon Network, Bravo consistently seeks to exceed the expectations of its consumers and customers alike. At Bravo, the goal is simple – to create simply the best products for the best value in the world. http://www.bravosportscorp.com/
Friday, December 9, 2011
Costa Mesa, CA - The oc mart MiX, over 30 boutiques under one roof at South Coast Collection (SOCO) and purveyors of all things good, is a vibrant gathering of owner-operated shops, who offer unique products from fashion and home to kids and food. Sunset Magazine says, “The oc mart MIX is the best reason to pull off the 405”.
Here are just some of the oc mart Mix gift ideas for under $50:
2. Alexander Gray - Tego Audio speaker that retails at $40
3. B.Candy - Fun and unique sweets for all ages. Tons of great stocking stuffer ideas.
4. Bauble Accessories
5. Briana Rene - Imagine soap, $11, from the super popular brand, Lollia
6. Cheese Shop -
7. Deer Lovely - Baggu Tote Bag (available in Olive and Coral) $22; 31 Bits Jewelry $10-$50
8. Derringer Cycles -
9. Eva’s Trunk Denim Bar – Promotion iPad cover for $36; Great women’s premium denim, tops, dresses, and accessories.
10. Fashion Camp OC Fashion Camp is a great gift idea for kids, teens and adults. We offer fashion classes in creating, designing, sketching, styling and of course, sewing. We also offer week-long camps that highlight all aspects of fashion, and encourage creating thinking. We are offering two weeks of Winter Break Camps (Dec. 19 - 23 and Dec. 26 - 30), and January will bring Sketching, Styling and Sewing Classes. For pricing and more details, visit www.fashioncampoc.com.
11. Fleur Les Fete
12. Flourish - Bracelets $20-$30
13. Heirlooms and Hardware -$36 aprons; two wick Voluspa tins are $16
14. KCeeG -KCee G strives to bring innovative and unique designers to our clientele.
15. Milk And Honey Baby -Large Organic Toy Bin with Felt Owl $42
16. Mixed Greens Home - Seed Bombs Native Wildflowers Each reusable muslin pouch holds five seed balls made from clay and worm castings to enrich depleted soil. Simply throw and grow; Bird - Made by artisans from Haiti from reclaimed cement bags painted with low voc paint.
17. Nirve Sports - Nirve Drink Caddy – MSPR $14.99 - Carry your favorite beverage on your bike; MP3 portable Speaker set. - MSPR $27.99 - Attaches to your bike or stroller using hook and look straps.
18. Nomadic Industries / As Issued- Nomadic Quantum Kids blank chair, which is priced at $49.95.Manufactured in USA of industrial strength 30% post consumer recycled cardboard (the remainder from FSC certified managed sources) with a 100% post consumer plastic cushion. Each chair is numbered in an edition of 1000. The blank chair is your canvas - make it your own! For each chair sold during the Holidays we will also donate a chair to a local school.
19. Organic to Green - Organic to Green Bath Care Products In ReUseCycle Glass -Our original, Fred Segal launched ReUse Glass Bottle Collection 'AS SEEN IN' magazines and at leading natural beauty and cosmetic boutiques. Organic for Body and Green for Planet. Give someone you care about any of our bath products to ease the holiday tension in a warm, relaxing bath! Starting at $28.; Organic Body Butters and Argon Sugar Scrubs -These bestsellers include 3 aromas: organic coconut for happiness, organic eucalyptus to de-stress, and organic lavender to calm. We offer small sizes starting at $18 with signature gift boxed large sizes at $45.
20. Paper House - Assorted note cards, starting at $16.
21. Portola Coffee Lab - Burlap Laptop Bag $40, for the coffee lover that also has a laptop; Portola Coffee, $12.75, Fresh roasted, organic, "Best Coffee in OC"-OC Weekly best of, 2011.
22. Salvage Design - Vintage Die Cast Pencil Sharpener (w/ 3 Recycled Newspaper Pencils)Don't be dull! Stay sharp this season, and show your loved ones you're their biggest fan with our vintage die cast fan-style pencil sharpeners. Other assorted sharpener styles available. No two are alike!$18
23. Saige Nicole’s Baby Boutique Luxurious Plush Giraffe by Little Giraffe $39.50; Available in Luxe Blue or Luxe Pink Dot; Yes, that is Suri Cruise with hers!
24. Savory Spice Stop- At Savory Spice Shop we have 20 gift sets under $25.00 and 35 under $50.00. From a Bloody Mary gift set to Best of BBQ we have a gift set for everyone or you can customize your own set at almost any price point.
25. Smart Dog – With the natural dog jerky treat company, Smartdog Jerky, as the corner stone, Smart Dog is filled with treasures for you and your pooch, from beautifully designed dog bowls, stylish collars and leashes to hand painted pillows.
26. Smocking Birds - Noodles & Boo Baby Care- Hypo allergenic care for baby and mama – under $25; Hand Smocked Bibs & Bonnets – under $25; Book Buggies- Perfect for keeping your books in one place, or hauling them around to your special reading corner- under $50
27. Stoned Jewelry - A fabulous selection of beaded bracelets on elastic cord or macramé silk cord. Prices starting at $25.00
28. Surfing Heritage Museum
29. The Pantry
30. We Olive & Wine Bar - We offer complementary olive oil tasting, wine by the glass and also wine flights. We strive to bring you small artisan olive oil producers from California and feature small boutique wines as well. You will enjoy complementary olive oil and balsamic with your glass of wine or order one of our delicious tapas plate featuring some of our wonderful gourmet foods. Happy hour in the wine bar is Tuesday-Saturday from 4pm-7pm and all day Sunday.